Georgia Boot, Inc. Company History
Georgia Boot's storied history begins in 1937. The Georgia Shoe Manufacturing Co., Inc. was founded in Atlanta, Ga., with the core objective of manufacturing dependable, low-priced work footwear.
Now an industry-leading brand, Georgia Boot has never wavered from that objective and continues to deliver quality footwear to consumers ranging from traditional work boots to industry-specific protective footwear and farm & ranch styles.
Georgia Boot was the first brand to deliver true comfort in work boots with the launch of Comfort Core technology, which introduced the comfort, resilience and energy return of athletic shoes to work boots.
Georgia Boot launched Georgia Giant, a tremendously successful work boot that crossed over into the casual market and remains popular over a decade later.
Georgia Boot is the manufacturer of the original Georgia Boot logger, which became a work and fashion footwear staple during the 1990s and continues to be a leading brand in this category.
Georgia Boot has always been America's Hardest Working Boot. Reliable, comfortable and built to last, Georgia Boot delivers the quality expected from America's hardest workers from coast to coast.
Key Dates in Georgia Boot's History
- 1937 – Founded in Atlanta, Ga.
- 1946 – Moved from Atlanta to Flowery Branch, Ga., began manufacturing casual and outdoor footwear
- 1946-66 – Expansion to multiple manufacturing facilities throughout the Southeast
- 1976 – Company headquarters consolidated in Franklin, Tenn.
- 1991 – Launch of Comfort Core Technology
- 2004 – Georgia Boot and Durango acquired by Rocky Brands, Inc.